Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day Twelve at DES

I arrived at DES at exactly 7h30 on the nose, just in time to see the kick off of the "How To" projects that I would see today.  It started with one member teaching us how to groom her dog, feed treats, and do tricks; a cute way to start off everyone's morning.  Then during the 4th graders' art class, I went and read in Cozy Corner with the 1st graders, manning the reading station that day.  It was so nice reading with the 1st graders and getting to experience many different reading levels, as well as observing how they interact and work with each other.  After that fantastic experience, I returned to my lovely 4th graders and we watched another boy make a swedish dish cavlox (or something like that) that was amazing!  I was so proud of everyone who did their projects today and cant wait to see more of them on Thursday.  I am going to remain on campus on Wednesday to do research and run errands for my final French lessons on Thursday! I cant wait to watch my 4th and 1st graders perform the poem at lunch on Thurs where we will be recording them for my blog.  It has been an amazing experience here at DES and I will be so sad to leave. DES ROCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment