At lunch, I attended a meeting for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade teachers during which they can debrief and talk about ideas etc. I got to know some of the staff this way and I informed them of my motives for being at DES and asked permission to sit in and work with their classes. It was a really wonderful and interesting experience to be able to sit in and see what really goes on in those meetings when teachers sit in a classroom and "chat" during the lunch hour. I've always been curious and now I'm in the loop, so to speak. (:
Geometry was the best math experience of my life. I have never been apart of a circle style, student participating, enthusiastic math class that is geared towards the love of learning. Miss Blessing's style was so creative and nurturing that I truly wish that I had had the opportunity to have been taught that way.
The day concluded with working on reading, writing and research projects and then, finally, share. I feel completely at home working with these students and I cant wait to begin teaching them French and other topics. It has been a wonderful first day and a fantastic start to a wonderful three weeks to come. Many, many thanks to Miss Blessing for everything! DES ROCKS!
I had the nicest note from your Sponsor. I will save it you, as it is very complementary of you. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteYour post made my day. You are bringing sunshine to these children as you interact with them. I can't wait for tomorrow!
ReplyDelete